Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know how massive Instagram is. It’s huge for any topic under the sun. One of those topics is… cars. These are the top 5 Instagram car accounts.
Instagram has morphed into a big ecosystems where car brands share their new models, aftermarket companies show off their products, tuners display their creations and automotive photography runs rampant. The impact Instagram is having on the automotive community is really beyond comprehension.
Among the masses of car enthusiasts, 5 giants have arisen. These giants are the magazines of Instagram. Much like magazines, they have become big and strong by displaying and promoting the works of thousands of car photographers. The model works. The reason it works is because it feeds itself.
The top 5 Instagram accounts for cars become more and more popular as users discover new star photographers while they also wait for their big break. Being shared by one of these giants is an amazing experience and turns your little orange counter into a vegas slot machine. We know this by experience, a couple of the top 5 Instagram car accounts have shared @rallyways’ photos on multiple occasions.
So, what are the top 5 Instagram car accounts? Let’s look at them.
1. @SuperStreet – At the time of this writing SuperStreet is is pulling well over a million followers. Many photos end up with over 50,000 likes and 200+ comments. Like the other Instagram car giants, SuperStreet posts VERY often. A share from them can get your Instagram account one of the biggest boosts possible. Plus, if you know cars, you are aware Super Street is one of the most popular tuner magazines – they actually have a paper publication. It’s not all internet glory.
2. @Black_List – @RallyWays has been following Black_List for a very long time. These guys are based in the bay area and they have one of the best branded car accounts on Instagram. The name “Black List” is the least “car-ish” of any of the top 5 Instagram car pages, this also makes them the most versatile and likely the best branded. Their scope expands beyond the cars themselves and into car culture as a whole. Almost all their photos are shared in 1:1 (square) aspect ratio, but every once in a while they’ll share more standard camera aspect ratio photographs.
3. @CarsWithoutLimits – CarsWithoutLimits is the Instagram car giant from the North. How far North? Canada. These guys are one of the ultimate Instagram success stories. They started the account in March 2012 and the growth rate has been nothing short of amazing. This is one of the most dedicated and hard-working car accounts on Instagram and post more often than any of the other top 5. In fact, at the time of this writing, CarsWithoutLimits has almost as many photos posted as all the other top 5 car Instagram accounts combined!
4. @AmazingCars247 – The Instagram success story from the midwest! When it comes to a friendly giant, AmazingCars247 cannot be beat. This amazing Instagram car page is the equivalent of the most famous Mexican food restaurant in the US – no matter how famous, they are still friendly and down to earth. If AmazingCars247 were a movie star, it would be Tom Cruise. Plus, the founder of the page is also a dedicated automotive photographer who runs his own original photography account @TheACphoto.
5. @StanceNation – There’s no question stance culture is HUGE. So, it’s no surprise a stanced car page is on the list of the top 5 Instagram car pages. While the bulk of their posts are stanced and slammed cars, from JDM to Italian super cars to American Muscle, they sometimes branch out and post more “normal” height cars… So long as they are sick of course. Much like @RallyWays, @StanceNation posts many standard aspect ratio photographs in contrast to @AmazingCars247 that only posts 1:1 aspect ratio car photos.
These are the top 5 Instagram accounts for cars. As time passes, they are only going to get stronger and bigger. In fact, they might trade positions as well. The one thing all of these Instagram giants have in common is they share other people’s content. Although sometimes they share original photos here and there. The original-only Instagram car accounts such as @RallyWays, while very valuable because of their originality, will never be quite as big as their collective counterparts. This is one of the reasons @RallyWays recently started @RallyWaysCollective, where we could have a place to share our friends’ and followers’ photos.
Of course, I don’t have to ask you to pick up your phone, fire up Instagram and follow @RallyWays and @RallyWaysCollective. Oh, I guess I just did. When you do however, be sure to check out the top 5 Instagram car giants and see where they are in their race to greatness.